Victims Services

We're here to help. Call the Victims Access Line 1800 633 063 or Aboriginal Contact Line 1800 019 123 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)

Financial affairs and coronial information

Managing financial affairs 

When someone is missing it can be difficult managing their property and finances. Section 54 of the NSW Trustee and Guardian Act 2009 enables an application to be made to the Supreme Court, after a person has been missing for at least 90 days.

Visit the NSW Trustee and Guardian website for more information. You can contact Law Access to assist you with your application.

Coronial information

You can consult the police officer in charge of a case if you have questions about the progress of a missing person's investigation with the Coroner’s Court. For further information contact the Coroners Court of NSW.

Last updated:

15 Apr 2024

Was this content useful?
We will use your rating to help improve the site.
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Please don't include personal or financial information here

We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the First Nations Peoples of NSW and pay our respects to Elders past, present, and future. 

Informed by lessons of the past, Department of Communities and Justice is improving how we work with Aboriginal people and communities. We listen and learn from the knowledge, strength and resilience of Stolen Generations Survivors, Aboriginal Elders and Aboriginal communities.

You can access our apology to the Stolen Generations.

What's this? To leave this site quickly, click the 'Quick Exit' button. You will be taken to

Top Return to top of page Top